Straight or Not Straight

Shomen Uchi Shihonage

I could not fix my arm from making a curve while taking the Shomen Uchi strike as Shite.



So it should be straighter?

No, it is straight, there is no "-er".

Good point.




I need remolding.
Remolding is harder than learning for the first time.

I don't mind the idea of fixing, but once there is an even tiny little change is involved.
I get stuck without being able to feel the flow I used to have in my moves.

It makes is a lot harder to just to learn from scratch.


On a huge plus side, I am seeing my strength and weakness at the very same time.

I consider myself a quick learner but I tend to get the momentum more than anything and start doing it.

But I always skip learning the details.

As long as it flows I can make moves and I am happy.

I am paying what I have been missing to learn in the first place.

Believe it or not, I am loving this whole process including feeling like a total beginner.
This is a luxury I can give to myself.

Comments

Popular Posts